Kong USA Go to brand's website
The origin of Kong began a long time ago, in 1830 in a workshop at the foot of the Alps where Giuseppe Bonaiti gave rise to our story, writing important pages for Made in Italy.
The care to provide maximum protection for human lives, together with the dreams that men will “hang” while climbing peaks, led Bonaiti to export his products and philosophy throughout the world.
His carabiners have become a real fixture for everyone who practices vertical disciplines.
In 1977, the Bonaiti company changed its name to Kong, but its mission remains the same.
“To manufacture safety where risk is the protagonist”
The entire production cycle, from design to packaging, is made in our factory of 10,000 square meters, located in Monte Marenzo (LC), Italy, where each item of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is tested piece by piece and then sold throughout the world.
We can proudly say that, first of all, we are “manufacturers”.
● our 70 employees perform their daily activities with passion to produce high quality systems that ensure maximum safety.
● our robots test 100% of our items at 70% of their breaking load.
● our operators check 100% of the appearance and functionality of our products.
“KONG, from the past to the future, the evolution of safety”
A "carabiner" (as people use to call it, or "connector" as we have to say in technical jargon) may be used to tie up everything we want: keys, dogs, cats, your bicycle...
Alpinist and climbers use them to hang up their dreams and their own life.
In KONG we are well aware of all this: this is the reason why we produce high-class safety equipment. In our company, research and innovation have brought continuous improvements and often real revolutions.
● the first asymmetric "D" shape
● the use of cold-forged aluminium
● the two-pins latch
● the colour, plastic coated or anodised
● the very simple but clever KEY-LOCK System
● the CLAMP System with its surprising design
● the first carbon fiber spinal board X-TRIM
● the first compact ascender FUTURA that works in line on the rope